Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck : time out

2003-03-20 07:39:06
Subject: Re: amcheck : time out
From: philo vivero <phiviv AT hacklab DOT net>
To: anne <anne AT lea-linux DOT org>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 02:44:26 -0800
On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 01:50, anne wrote:
> I'm trying amanda. But amcheck doesn't work :
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> WARNING: helium: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
> WARNING: carbone.edge-it.subnet: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
> Client check: 2 hosts checked in 30.005 seconds, 2 problems found

I just had this problem myself. Read the following URLs carefully. I
skimmed the first one and said to myself: "I did all that." But then I
broke down and actually went through each one, and one of the steps
fixed my problem.
  http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/140.html
  http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html

> I'm using xinetd and I installed amanda with RPM
> Version     : 2.4.2p2
> I'm very surprised because in the client package there isn't any daemon
> amandad.

If amandad isn't installed in the location specified in
xinetd.conf/amanda then it definitely won't work.

--
pv
If this helped you, http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=philovivero