Amanda-Users

What is the best way to use a second tape changer device?

2003-03-18 16:09:47
Subject: What is the best way to use a second tape changer device?
From: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:39:41 -0600
Hello List,
I just got a second ADIC fastor4000 tape changer. This modle has 8 slots and 1 drive. I'm wondering what is the best way to use a second tape drive. I'm using amanda 2.4.2p2 as the server and the rpm's that came with RH7.2 for clients. I'd like to have amanda control how and when to use the drives. So that one could fail and backups would still be ok. Is this possible? or should I setup another config for the new changer?
Thanks,
chrisj