Amanda-Users

Re: Tapetype entry for Seagate STD124000N

2003-03-18 15:30:27
Subject: Re: Tapetype entry for Seagate STD124000N
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: reidar AT tedk DOT com
Date: 18 Mar 2003 13:53:46 -0500
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 11:19, Reidar Nordin wrote:
> Hi,
> I could not find the tapetype entry for this "not so new" device out
> there, so here it is. Seagate STD124000N Scorpion 24 (3,5-in internal).
> I have exec. amtapetype several times (the filemark showed "10 kbytes"
> once but "0 kbytes" the 3 other times) this is what I recieved:
>
> define tapetype SEAGATE {
>     comment "STD124000N"     # Hardware compression off
>     length 11567 mbytes
>     filemark 0 kbytes                 # The filemark showed "10 kbytes"
> once but "0 kbytes" the 3 other times so I guess "0 kbytes" is the right
> one to use
>     speed 1077 kps
> }

Reidar,
FWIW, this sounds very close to the "Python-DDS3" tapetype that I am
using at home.  I believe I have the same drive, though it registers to
the SCSI bus as an "ARCHIVE Python 04106-XXX", so I can't check without
taking the drive out of its enclosure to inspect the Seagate label.

My filemark is set to 48 kbytes.

Eric