Amanda-Users

amrecover permission problem

2003-03-14 16:33:07
Subject: amrecover permission problem
From: Stephen Carville <stephen AT totalflood DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:38:28 -0800
I am having a permission problem with amrecover that makes no sense to me.

Please cc me on any replies.  I am a memebr of the list but I haven't seen any
mail in a while

$ sudo amrecover -C daily1 -s chena
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.3b2. Contacting server on chena ...
220 chena AMANDA index server (2.4.3b2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2003-03-14)
200 Working date set to 2003-03-14.
200 Config set to daily1.
200 Dump host set to thames.
Trying disk /export ...
Trying disk md0 ...
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD '/export/recover'
amrecover> setdisk /export/private
Scanning /scratch/amanda...
200 Disk set to /export/private.
amrecover> cd haxume/Accounting
/export/private/haxume/Accounting
amrecover> setdate 2003-03-05
200 Working date set to 2003-03-05.
amrecover> add "Acct Rec 03.xls"
Added /haxume/Accounting/Acct Rec 03.xls
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/ait2 on host thames.
The following tapes are needed: C83256

Restoring files into directory /export/recover
Continue? [Y/n]: y

Load tape C83256 now
Continue? [Y/n/t]: y
amrecover: error reading tape: Connection reset by peer
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

The amidxtaped file shows:

$ cat amidxtaped.20030314110107.debug
amidxtaped: debug 1 pid 25567 ruid 250 euid 250 start time Fri Mar 14 11:01:07
2003
amidxtaped: version 2.4.3b2
> SECURITY USER root
bsd security: remote host thames user root local user amanda
check failed: [access as amanda not allowed from root@thames] amandahostsauth
failed
amidxtaped: security check failed: [access as amanda not allowed from
root@thames] amandahostsauth failed
security check failed: [access as amanda not allowed from root@thames]
amandahostsauth failed
amidxtaped: pid 25567 finish time Fri Mar 14 11:01:07 2003

On Chena I have in .amandahosts:

thames          root
thames          amanda

On Thames:

chena           amanda
chena           root

The tape is loaded in the drive and I have checked it with dd to be sure it is
readable.  Both thames and chena are in /etc/hosts.  Netstat shows an
established connection between thames and chena:amadaidx.

I've restored using amrecover before so why doesn't amanda allow me to connect
now?

--
Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator