Amanda-Users

pleasant observation

2003-03-14 16:20:50
Subject: pleasant observation
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:27:06 -0500
Just a nice observation.

I have been running version 2.4.2 for a long time.
Yesterday I decided to upgrade.  As you know there
have been a lot of changes in the interim.  I was
slightly concerned how they would affect my system.

I downloaded the 3/08 snapshot, configured with
my old script, compiled, installed, and edited
only chg-mtx to set the slot numbers.

amtape worked, amcheck said ok, and last night
amdump did its thing.

Good job Core Team of developers in maintaining
backward compatibility!!

Now to explore the new/changed features.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)