Amanda-Users

Re: Disklist format

2003-03-13 18:27:24
Subject: Re: Disklist format
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: rhazbu01 AT shadow DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:56:36 +0100
Robert Hazbun wrote:

Anyway, my problem is that I am doing just this, but am running into the following error:

 pantera    /home/depot-wz lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /home/depot-wz in
pantera response]

Upon looking in the amanda source to attempt to find out what's wrong, I found out that the planner did not receive a size estimate for each entry from the client. Why, I don't know, and hence the question I'm asking.

I suppose that depot is very large. If /tmp/amanda/sendsize*debug does contain the correct numbers, see how long it took and make sure the "etimeout" parameter
is large enough.

Below are the corresponding entries in the 'disklist' file for my box. The boxes name is pantera ( I'm a car nut ).

pantera /home/depot-af /home/depot {
       hard-disk-tar
       include "./[Aa-Ff]*"
       } 1

oh-oh, you probably mean [A-Fa-f] instead of [Aa-Ff]...