Amanda-Users

fixed day backup

2003-03-13 17:06:23
Subject: fixed day backup
From: bao <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:24:47 -0800
Hello,

In the Amanda FAQ, there is one question "How can I configure Amanda to perform full backups on the weekend and incrementals on weekdays?". The answer is "You can't."

It's unfortunate that the plan above is what I need. I need to run full backup once a week, and incrementals on the other days. All of the backups will stay on disk (tapeless backup), plus the full will be put on tape. Disk only keeps one week (full + incrementals), and tapes keep 8 weeks of full-only.

If Amanda manages the full and incremental using its own way. How can I know which one has the full, and when the full is performed, to automate the process of transferring to tape??

Has anyone done this sucessfully and How can I do it??

Best regards,