Amanda-Users

amlabel returning "Read-only file system" error

2003-03-13 16:42:05
Subject: amlabel returning "Read-only file system" error
From: "Ron Bauman" <RBauman AT HatterasNetworks DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:09:54 -0500
Hi.  I've installed Amanda 2.4.4 on Redhat Linux 7.3.  We are using a
Spectra Logic TreeFrog 2000.  I've got the changer working in Amanda
and can read/write tapes using mt and tar.  When I attempt to use
amlabel to label the tapes I get:

[root@softserv2 daily]# amlabel -f daily D001
+ amlabel -f daily D001
labeling tape in slot 01 (/dev/nst0):
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label D001
amlabel: writing label: Read-only file system
[root@softserv2 daily]

I've tried recompiling the Amanda sources using root/root as the
user. The debug logs in /tmp/amanda don't show any additional
information.  Can anyone give me an idea what might be causing this?

Here's the output from /proc/scsi/scsi:
Attached devices:
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD 0 RAID5  139G Rev: 1.72
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi2 Channel: 04 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PE/PV    Model: 1x5 SCSI BP      Rev: 0.34
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi2 Channel: 05 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SONY     Model: SDX-500C         Rev: 010B
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi2 Channel: 05 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SPECTRA  Model: 215              Rev: 1015
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ron Bauman