Amanda-Users

Re: How to use FULL capacity - cart TRAVAN NS20 ?

2003-03-13 16:12:06
Subject: Re: How to use FULL capacity - cart TRAVAN NS20 ?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Prods6 - AMANDA - Bkp Mannager <amandab AT hc.unicamp DOT br>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:39:37 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 at 3:30pm, Prods6 - AMANDA - Bkp Mannager wrote

> Hi frinds and Amanda User's ...
>
> Please ... Look ... I'm user of cart model TRAVAN NS20  for Full_bkp's,
> but I don't know why the taper don't use the full capacity of these
> tapes (20Gb).
> The max utilization is in 10Gb ...

*sigh*  Marketers lie.

Those tapes have 10GB native capacity, and do not do hardware compression.
The advertised 20GB capacity is assuming 2x compression, which you
obviously aren't getting.  Crank you tapelength down to the *actual*
length of 10GB, and let amanda sort it out.  Of course, if you have any
disk list entries with a compressed size > 10GB, you'll need to split them
up.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering