Amanda-Users

How does the client application work, from the server?

2003-03-11 22:46:22
Subject: How does the client application work, from the server?
From: Adam Smith <adam.smith AT sageautomation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:55:25 +1030
I have installed Amanda on my server, and amcheck seems to check out OK,
but when it tries to communicate with the client(s) it can't, because
amandad isn't loaded on the server.

I read on the backupcentra.com documentation that the amanda client package
puts an entry in inetd.conf?  If so, what is this entry supposed to be?

I am running FreeBSD 5.0, and I want to run Amanda to back up files on the
local disk, as well as on a remote Red Hat server.

I haven't tried installing the client tools on the remote server yet,
because that server is a live server, and this one is a test one, and I'd
rather have things working in the test environment before I proceed on to
implementing them on the live one.

--
Adam Smith
Information Technology Officer