Amanda-Users

problem with amrecover

2003-03-11 14:13:36
Subject: problem with amrecover
From: "liam pace" <lpace AT maltanet DOT net>
To: "amanda users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:33:04 +0100
Hi,

when I try to recover files with am recover, I get a strange messages saying
that the directory / file I'm trying to restore is not in archive..

-----------
I'm using the following dump type in amanda.conf:

define dumptype user-tar {
    root-tar
    comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
    priority high
    compress none
    dumpcycle 0
}

I manage to see the index file in
/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily2/index/hostnameXXX

------------

the command I issue is

amrecover Daily2

----------------

the error I get is:

amrecover> ls
2003-03-11 .
2003-03-11 .autofsck
2003-03-11 bin/
2003-03-11 boot/
2003-03-11 bru/
2003-03-11 dev/
2003-03-11 etc/
2003-03-11 home/
2003-03-11 initrd/
2003-03-11 lib/
2003-03-11 lost+found/
2003-03-11 misc/
2003-03-11 mnt/
2003-03-11 opt/
2003-03-11 proc/
2003-03-11 root/
2003-03-11 sbin/
2003-03-11 tmp/
2003-03-11 usr/
2003-03-11 var/
2003-03-11 www/
amrecover> add /lib
File /lib doesn't exist in directory
amrecover> add lib/
Added dir /lib at date 2003-03-11
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/rmt/1n on host amanda.
The following tapes are needed: DLY2_E

Restoring files into directory /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily2
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/rmt/1n on host amanda.
Load tape DLY2_E now
Continue [?/Y/n/t]? y
tar: ./lib: Not found in archive
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 2
Continue [?/Y/n]? y
amrecover> quit

can anyone help please???

regards,