Amanda-Users

Re: Installation Problem

2003-03-11 06:29:17
Subject: Re: Installation Problem
From: Martin hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: "T. Bhaskar Reddy" <bhaskar AT nmsworks.co DOT in>, "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:02:27 +0000

Hi

well like the error says you need to specify the --with-user flag. You also need to specify the --with-group as well!

Have a look in the docs esp the oneline chapter from Backup and Recovery mentioned on the amanda home page.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

T. Bhaskar Reddy wrote:
Hi,
I am facing a problem , when trying to install amanda2.4.4. The first step of installation procedure(i,e running ./configure )itself is giving problem. When i run the ./configure i am getting the following output. Further it is not creating any Makefile.

checking for gawk... gawk
configure: error: *** --with-user=USER is missing

If any one have idea about please help me in solving this problem....

System configuration details:

OS RedHat 7.2
Kernel 2.4.7-10
hardwaretype i686