Amanda-Users

Re: Xinetd not starting amanda

2003-03-10 13:01:52
Subject: Re: Xinetd not starting amanda
From: Bryan Ramirez <ramirez AT biochem.wisc DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:27:14 -0600
I'm assuming that you are running this on a linux box.. so here are some things to check:

1.  In the xinetd service file, disable should  = no
2. If There is an 'id' field it has to match up with the name of the service in /etc/services. 3. If there is not an 'id' field the name of your file has to match the name of the above-mentioned service.
4.  You can run xinetd with a '-d' option for debugging.
5. type 'ipchains -L' and 'iptables -L'. If there are any lines that show up as REJECT or DENY you may have to change your firewall rules on the machine. A message that this isn't supported by your kernel is okay. 6. If you do have firewall rules, make sure you are also allowing connections to port 111.

Hope this helps..

-Bryan