Amanda-Users

Re: ACLs

2003-03-10 10:42:22
Subject: Re: ACLs
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Adam Smith <adam.smith AT sageautomation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:18:18 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 at 10:25am, Adam Smith wrote

> On FreeBSD 5.0 with UFS2 + ACLs, what is my best method for backing up my
> ACLs along with my files?
>
> I am only experimenting with Amanda at this point, but it seems to use the
> native tar utility, however tar does not support the backing up of ACLs.
> Can anyone show me what I need to do?

Amanda will use tar or the appropriate fs-specific 'dump' program provided
by your vendor, depending on what's in the dumptype.  If there's a dump
program that will handle those ACLs, amanda will use it if you tell it to.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering