Amanda-Users

whitespaces in disk names

2003-02-27 06:46:23
Subject: whitespaces in disk names
From: Gilles Bourcy <gilles.bourcy AT synlog DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:16:40 +0100
Hello,

My problem is the following :
I wish to save a directory in which there is a whitespace :
/usr1/home/document/Ingenierie SYNLOG

So in the disklist file I tried different possibilities, first by using Linux usual means to deal with whitespaces
in directory names :
/usr1/home/document/Ingenierie\ SYNLOG
"/usr1/home/document/Ingenierie SYNLOG"
But when doing an amcheck, it rejects with an error saying that SYNLOG is a non defined dump-type
(which is normal : it's part of the name of a directory, not a dumptype).

So I tried using the different means offered by Amanda. :
/usr1/home/document/Ingenierie?SYNLOG
^/usr1/home/document/Ingenierie?SYNLOG$
/usr1/home/document/Ing*SYNLOG
and so on...
But when doing an amcheck, I've got an error saying the directories
or files don't exist.

Has someone any idea ?