Amanda-Users

SUN StorEDGE L400 2 tape, 8mm drives

2003-02-25 10:38:02
Subject: SUN StorEDGE L400 2 tape, 8mm drives
From: "Julie Hughes" <JLH4 AT nrc DOT gov>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:56:00 -0500
I've searched for items on tape libraries like the L400 and similar, but
haven't come up with good results.  I'd really like to try Amanda, but Im
getting frustrated and feeling a bit stupid.   It seems rather difficult to
find easy installation notes for my situation.

I have an SUN StorEDGE L400 Autoloader (SCSI) with 10 slots and two tape
drives.   It uses Exabyte 8mm, 170m tapes. I'll be running the backup software
on Solaris 8.

Are there any newbie friendly notes to help set up Amanda to work with this
type or similar type of tape library.

I can't be the only one who has one of these things.

What driver is best to use for controlling this kind of drive?   mtx

Does anyone have a similar tape library configuration file they could share??

I hate that this library is sitting here unused.     Thanks for any help
offered.

Julie