Amanda-Users

tapeless backup

2003-02-24 15:18:30
Subject: tapeless backup
From: bao <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:51:06 -0800
I've posted this a few days ago, but I guess it slipped through the list. Here I post it again.

I need to backup the first drive to the second hard drive on the same machine (client + server), but encounter this when running amdump. Here're the config. and the error mail

Thank you

#
# amanda.conf
org "testSet"                 # organization name for reports
mailto "root AT linux.gibbons DOT com"        # operators at your site
dumpuser "amanda"             # the user to run dumps under

inparallel 3            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
netusage  600 kbps      # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec
                        # our local network can provide up to 100MB/s

dumpcycle 1 day         # the number of day in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 1 day      # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days

tapecycle 2
runtapes 1

bumpsize 20 Mb          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1              # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4              # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)

ctimeout 300
etimeout 300            # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.

reserve 10

tapetype HARD-DISK
labelstr "^testSet[0-9][0-9]*$"               # label constraint regex:
                                        # all tapes must match
tpchanger "chg-multi"
changerfile "/usr/etc/amanda/testSet/changer.conf"
tapedev "file:/home/general/backup"

define tapetype HARD-DISK {
    comment "Dump onto hard disk"
    length 10 gbytes            # these numbers are not accurate
}

infofile "/usr/etc/amanda/amandalog/testSet/curinfo"  # database
logdir   "/usr/etc/amanda/amandalog/testSet"          # log
indexdir "/usr/etc/amanda/amandalog/testSet/index"    # index

define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"
    index yes
    record yes
}

define dumptype hard-disk-dump {
    global
    comment "Back up to hard disk - dump"
    holdingdisk no
    priority high
}

define dumptype hard-disk-tar {
    hard-disk-dump
    comment "Back up to hard disk - tar"
    program "GNUTAR"
}

define dumptype hard-disk-tar-full {
    hard-disk-dump
    compress none
    dumpcycle 0
}

# network interfaces
#

define interface local {
    comment "a local disk"
    use 1000 kbps
}

define interface eth0 {
    comment "10 Mbps ethernet"
    use 400 kbps
}

#
# changer.conf
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0

statefile /usr/etc/amanda/testSet/changer.stat

firstslot 1
lastslot 1

slot 1 file:/home/general/backup/t1

#
# disklist
#
# File format is:
#
#       hostname diskdev dumptype
#
# where the dumptypes are defined by you in amanda.conf.

## note: -1 is a placeholder for the spindle number
## the holding disk can't be dumped to itself, it uses a disktype that
## specifies the "no-hold" option (see amanda.conf).

linux /Mail hard-disk-tar-full -1 local

#
# .amandahosts
localhost       amanda