Amanda-Users

rait attempt

2003-02-24 13:21:40
Subject: rait attempt
From: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:46:57 -0500
I've been playing with rait & I haven't been successful yet.

Is rait touchy about the tape drives being identical? My 3rd exb8505 was
dead from the get go so I tried using an ait-1 in it's place.
amlabel & amdump seem to run fine, but I cannot get amrestore to pull the
backups off tape. It bypasses
the host/filesystem no matter how I  enter it. Even if I leave the host/fs
field blank to restore the entire tape, it skips
right by everything.

I also tried using amdd manually, but tar always complains - typically:

 Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

After an amlabel, st0 & st2 will have the typical am header, while st1
seems to have a blank header. Is that nornal?

st0 = ait; st1,2=exb8505 all on the same scsi bus.

amanda.conf:

tapedev "rait:/dev/nst{0,1,2}"

define tapetype RAIT1 {
     comment "RAIT - AIT, 2 8505"
     length 20000 mbytes
     filemark 900 kbytes
     speed 500 kbytes
}

Thanks

--
toby bluhm
philips medical systems, it support, mr development, cleveland ohio