Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck: selfcheck request timed out

2003-02-22 17:43:17
Subject: Re: amcheck: selfcheck request timed out
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: Carsten Rezny <carsten.rezny AT gmx DOT de>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:57:55 -0800
[Posted and Cc'ed]

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 08:09:16PM +0100, Carsten Rezny wrote:
> I have installed Amanda 2.4.2p2 on a SuSE 8.0 box. The machine is server
> and client.
>
> When I run amcheck I get the following result
> ERROR: /dev/nst0: no tape online
>        (expecting tape maphy-d05 or a new tape)

I assume you understand this and will fix it, right?

> NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
> NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/maphy-daily/curinfo: does not exist
> NOTE: it will be created on the next run
> NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/maphy-daily/index: does not exist

Not a problem, amanda will create on-the-fly assuming write permissions
are OK on /var/lib/amanda.

> --------------------------------
> WARNING: localhost: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
> Client check: 1 host checked in 30.006 seconds, 1 problem found

You always hate to see "localhost" here, so many ways that can go
wrong.

Change the DLE (disklist entry) from "localhost" to the true hostname,
double check ~amanda/.amandahosts according to docs/INSTALL, and
try again.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461