Amanda-Users

Re: problem with cygwin and amanda2.4.4b1

2003-02-21 12:54:48
Subject: Re: problem with cygwin and amanda2.4.4b1
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:34:47 -0500

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 09:16 AM, Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr wrote:

Hello

I'm trying to setup amanda2.4.4b1 on a win2000 machine with cygwin.

I followed the instruction in the HOWTO for cygwin but have the
following problem.

i run /usr/sbin/inetd -d on the win2000 machine
I run amcheck -c testdisk on my server

on my 2000 machine  i got the follwoing messages

someone wants amanda
+closing from 16
848 execl /usr/local/libexec/amandad
848 reaped, status 0x100
restored amanda, fd 16

Hi! I got these exact same messages (modulo a few numbers). One possibility is that you didn't use tabs in all the correct places in inetd.conf? Also, try seeing how it works if you have inetd set as a service.

You can add it as a service with /usr/sbin/inetd --install-as-service, and you can then uninstall it with /usr/sbin/inetd --remove-as-service.

I found that the -d option didn't let it work, while it did when running as a service...

Ricky