Amanda-Users

amdump problem

2003-02-20 16:11:59
Subject: amdump problem
From: Benjamin Herbert <herbert AT isis.visi DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:57:03 -0600

I am running amanda-2.4.1p1 with rehdat 7.3.  The reason we are running
such a old release is that we needed to make special patches to work
with afs.  These patches did not work with 2.4.2 and we are currently
trying to get them to work with 2.4.3.  Anyway, here is my problem:

When I run amcheck there are no errors.  When I ran amdump for the first
time it worked fine, and it worked for the next couplde of days.  Amanda added
the new filesystems and backed them up fine.
Two days later I added a few more filesystems and the amcheck worked
fine but the amdump failed on all the filesystems (the new and the old)
with this error:

xxx. afs:work.username lev 0 FAILED [Request to xxx.xxx.xxx timed
out.}

The same error for all the filesystems.

At first I thought it was the etimeout variable but I raised it to 1800
with the same results.

I look in my amandad.debug file on the client and I see this error:

amandahosts security check passed
amandad: running service "/usr/local/amanda/libexec/sendsize"
amandad: select failed: Bad file descriptor

Has anybody seen this error or know anything about it.  Any information
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Ben