Amanda-Users

Re: amdump problem

2003-02-06 18:06:24
Subject: Re: amdump problem
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: Amanda-Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:30:52 -0500
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:46:37PM -0300, Luis E. Cruz Campos enlightened us:
> I have a problem with my server, i try configure amanda, buy I get this mail
> when run amdump:
>
> These dumps were to tape hosting01.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   ns.webspac /usr/local/backup/data lev 0 FAILED [/sbin/dump returned 1]

*snip*

> |   DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a subdirectory
> |   DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.
> sendbackup: error [/sbin/dump returned 1]

I'd say this is your error. My guess is that /usr/local/backup/data is not
its own partition, and as a result you can't use dump. I would suggest
changing to tar if you just want the subdirectory.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics