Amanda-Users

Re: Disabled hw compression

2003-02-18 20:02:19
Subject: Re: Disabled hw compression
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT linux DOT ie>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:44:28 +0000
On Tuesday 18 February 2003 20:42, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >mt -f /dev/st0 datcompression 0
> >
> >has worked as wanted (tapeinfo is showing the change).
>
> A "Side comment" here in case the mt folks are watching.  I would be
> VERY nice if mt had the same syntax across all the platforms it
> runs on.

But there are no "mt folks" - that's the problem. mt is an old program, and
there are many versions of it, many of which have different implementors -
why, even amanda has its own version of mt now. And unfortunately, these
implementors had different idea about the functionality they would add to mt,
and even about the names they would give to those functionalities.

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin