Amanda-Users

Re: Disabled hw compression

2003-02-18 05:36:43
Subject: Re: Disabled hw compression
From: rb AT raphinou DOT com
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:23:01 +0100
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 05:51:16PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 at 11:27pm, marc.bigler AT day DOT com wrote
>
> > I am using an Exabyte Eliant 820 tape drive on Linux kernel 2.4.18 and
> > would like to make sure the hardware compression is disabled. Does anyone
> > know how I can check that ?
>
> For that drive, compression is controlled via density.  0x15 is
> uncompressed.

Isn't there a generic way of configuring it, like /dev/nst0 is the
non-rewinding device, isn't there a non compressing device? (I have the
same question actually about being sure a Dell tape is in non
compressing config, but I don't have the complete model details at hand....)

Raph

--
Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting
           http://www.fosdem.org