Amanda-Users

Re: forgetting the history of tapes

2003-02-15 17:46:08
Subject: Re: forgetting the history of tapes
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: rb AT raphinou DOT com, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:24:57 -0800
On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 04:55:48PM +0100, rb AT raphinou DOT com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm busy testing amanda for its use in production in the future. For
> these tests, I often want to restart as if I was starting the dump cycle
> from zero. How can I achieve this?

>From docs/FAQ:

    Q: Ok, I'm done with testing Amanda, now I want to put it in
    production.  How can I reset its databases so as to start from
    scratch?

    A: First, remove the `curinfo' database.  By default, it is a
    directory, but, if you have selected any other database format (don't,
    they're deprecated), they may be files with extensions such as .dir
    and .pag.

       Then, remove any log files from the log directory:
    log.<TIMESTAMP>.<count> and amdump.<count>.  Finally, remove the
    tapelist file, stored in the directory that contains amanda.conf,
    unless amanda.conf specifies otherwise.  Depending on the tape changer
    you have selected, you may also want to reset its state file.

In your case, instead of *removing* tapelist (and re-amlabeling everything)
you *could* just edit tapelist, put it back in the order you want (bottom
of tapelist gets used first), and mark all tapes unused ("0" in the left-
hand date field).

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461