Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover: No index records for disk for specified date

2003-02-12 09:52:41
Subject: Re: amrecover: No index records for disk for specified date
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:10:52 +0100
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:31:04PM +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
> I'm getting error message
>
>   No index records for disk for specified date
>
> when trying to recover a certain DLE using amrecover (version 2.4.3.)
The
> full output from the session + some of the debug messages are included
> below. The index looks good to me;
[ ... ]

An index file doesn't mean that the backup is still available.
Really?

What's the output of 'amadmin ks find mercedes-benz /usr/people/jfo'?
Trying this helped me figure out what was wrong ;-) The command would list the expected dates and tape names when executed as root, but as amanda, I got "No dump to list", which made it quite obvious that the permissions of some file required were wrong (I suspected that all along, but I wasn't able to spot the exact problem earlier.) It then turned out that tapelist was no longer readable by amanda, for some reason. After a simple chmod, I was able to restore the backup correctly.

Question: Why didn't amrecover or the amindexd log tell me that the tapelist was unreadable?

- Toralf