Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover: No index records for disk for specified date

2003-02-11 14:49:54
Subject: Re: amrecover: No index records for disk for specified date
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:13:28 -0500
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:31:04PM +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
> I'm getting error message
>
>   No index records for disk for specified date
>
> when trying to recover a certain DLE using amrecover (version 2.4.3.) The
> full output from the session + some of the debug messages are included
> below. The index looks good to me; I have
>

> # ls -lR /dumps/amanda/ks/index/mercedes-benz
> total 0
> drwxr-sr-x    2 amanda   disk          97 Feb 11 01:43 _usr_people_jfo
>
> /dumps/amanda/ks/index/mercedes-benz/_usr_people_jfo:
> total 192
> -rw-------    1 amanda   disk       18539 Nov 14 22:16 20021114_0.gz
> -rw-------    1 amanda   disk       23757 Dec  9 22:17 20021209_0.gz
> -rw-------    1 amanda   disk       23043 Jan  6 22:13 20030106_0.gz
> -rw-------    1 amanda   disk       26515 Jan 31 22:16 20030131_0.gz

An index file doesn't mean that the backup is still available.
What's the output of 'amadmin ks find mercedes-benz /usr/people/jfo'?
What's the output of the 'history' command in amrecover?

> Also, I successfully ran a similar recovery yesterday - same DLE, but
> different date, as I didn't have the latest tape available, then - but
> something must have changed in the meantime, or I'm doing it in a slightly
> different way (I've tried other dates again today, though, but all with
> the same result.)
>
> Any ideas what is wrong?

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal