Amanda-Users

Anything against set suid amflush?

2003-02-07 13:39:18
Subject: Anything against set suid amflush?
From: Riccardo Parola <rick AT rpwebworks DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:59:19 -0500
I'm setting up amanda in a company where the everyday operations of tape
rotations etc. will be performed by little less than savy users, I got a
system going with a tape changer and amanda's email works perfect for the
task.

The only problem is that occasionally backups will spread over tapes on
different chargers and I'd prefer to let them flush in the morning rather
than reorganize tapes in chargers.

To keep it short, I want a regular user to be able to run amflush without
logging as a more privileged user (I'm even thinking about putting an Icon on
their desktop to do that :) )

I chmodded u+s and o-x /usr/sbin/amflush and added the user to the group.

Any security concerns?

--

Riccardo Parola
RPWebworks