Amanda-Users

Re: Configure/Install

2003-02-07 12:10:59
Subject: Re: Configure/Install
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: Chris Broadwater <cbroadwater AT Victoriaco DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:34:50 -0500
On 02/07/2003 10:58 AM, "Chris Broadwater" <cbroadwater AT Victoriaco DOT com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some help.
>
> I was going through the install of Amanda 2.3.4 and during the Configure the
> process errored out with the following line
>
> configure: error: *** --user-USER is missing
>
> Any ideas what I missed.  I figured this is a minor issue and caused by an
> oversight on my behalf

You forgot to pass the --with-user=USER parameter to ./configure...

Either that, or the user that you passed in doesn't yet exist in
/etc/passwd.  Use adduser/useradd/vipw/whatever-for-your-system to add the
user...

HTH,
Ricky