Amanda-Users

Re: First time Changer user

2003-02-06 14:10:03
Subject: Re: First time Changer user
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: David Flood <dpf AT scms.rgu.ac DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:35:30 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 at 5:25pm, David Flood wrote

First thing's first -- could we trim a bit here folks.  Furrfu.

> Firstly thankyou Jon and Gene for answering my first email. Sorry I forgot to
> specify my
> setup. It's as follows:
>
> amanda 2.4.3
> Solaris 8
> Overland DLT80 (10 tape changer)
>
> Under /dev/rmt I only have '0' which is the one I'm using to get access to
> the drive.
> What is mtx and is it possible I could use this? There was no examples of
> this file under

mtx is a bit of software used to control changers.  See here:

http://mtx.badtux.net/

> the examples directory of the amanda distribution. I am looking at sgen and
> thus far

mtx is used with the chg-zd-mtx changer described in docs/TAPE.CHANGERS
and documented in the changer script itself, which gets installed into
/usr/local/libexec by default.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering