Amanda-Users

Re: device prefixes for md disks in Solaris?

2003-01-28 11:52:07
Subject: Re: device prefixes for md disks in Solaris?
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 11:03:05 -0500
On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 10:38, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> Indeed.  My reasoning is that as users get confused rather easily
> (poor users), it's best (for them, and more importantly, for you) to keep
> their data "in the same place" regardless of the underlying hardware.  :)

I'm in a different environment altogether.  I work for an ISP, so almost
all my clients are servers that my customers never see, much less know
anything about.  There is only one filesystem on one client (the shell
server) where users might be exposed to where their data actually lives,
but for the most part their data is kept hidden behind proxies and
load-balanced clusters, so they are unaware of the individual machines.

Eric