Amanda-Users

Re: Still get "No index records"...

2002-12-31 00:59:25
Subject: Re: Still get "No index records"...
From: Hery Zo RAKOTONDRAMANANA <heryzo AT simicro-internet DOT mg>
To: gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:22:10 +0300
Gene Heskett wrote:

On Monday 30 December 2002 19:26, John Oliver wrote:
[root@backup root]# amrecover

I had this problem but solvd it when launched amrecover with the name of your config.
[root@backup root]# amrecover YourBackupConfig

cheers.

Hery Zo RAKOTONDRAMANANA

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on localhost ...
220 backup AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2002-12-30)
200 Working date set to 2002-12-30.
200 Config set to DailySet1.
501 No index records for host: backup.indyme.local. Invalid?
Trying backup.indyme.local ...
501 No index records for host: backup.indyme.local. Invalid?
Trying backup ...
501 No index records for host: backup. Invalid?

I do have "index yes" in amanda.conf.  Why is it still unhappy?

Where specifically in amanda.conf? This is supposed to be a dumptype by dumptype configuration option. That leaves the posibility that someplace in the chain of defines, its turned back off by your choice of dumptypes.

There may be a dim possibility that your particular tar is fubar, what version are you useing? Minimum generally speaking is 1.13-19, with 1.13-25 being in wide use now. 1.13 with no suffix is usually grounds enough to replace it with the newer release. Get 1.13-25 from alpha.gnu.org.