Amanda-Users

Re: Still get "No index records"...

2002-12-30 22:13:29
Subject: Re: Still get "No index records"...
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:24:33 -0500
On Monday 30 December 2002 19:26, John Oliver wrote:
>[root@backup root]# amrecover
>AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on localhost ...
>220 backup AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
>200 Access OK
>Setting restore date to today (2002-12-30)
>200 Working date set to 2002-12-30.
>200 Config set to DailySet1.
>501 No index records for host: backup.indyme.local. Invalid?
>Trying backup.indyme.local ...
>501 No index records for host: backup.indyme.local. Invalid?
>Trying backup ...
>501 No index records for host: backup. Invalid?
>
>I do have "index yes" in amanda.conf.  Why is it still unhappy?

Where specifically in amanda.conf?  This is supposed to be a
dumptype by dumptype configuration option.  That leaves the
posibility that someplace in the chain of defines, its turned back
off by your choice of dumptypes.

There may be a dim possibility that your particular tar is fubar,
what version are you useing?  Minimum generally speaking is
1.13-19, with 1.13-25 being in wide use now. 1.13 with no suffix is
usually grounds enough to replace it with the newer release.  Get
1.13-25 from alpha.gnu.org.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M