Amanda-Users

Re: amflush hangs

2002-12-29 04:07:00
Subject: Re: amflush hangs
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: rgrant AT blpltd DOT com, Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:30:21 -0500
On Sunday 29 December 2002 01:32, rgrant AT blpltd DOT com wrote:
>Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA> wrote on
> 12/28/2002
>
>01:11:40 PM:
>> On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 12:11:01PM -0500, rgrant AT blpltd DOT com
wrote:
>> > After a bit of debugging I found out were amflush hangs, it
>> > seems that
>
>the
>
>> > function agets() in function call read_flush() waits forever
>> > and the
>
>for
>
>> > loop never gets executed, I'm not sure why but maybe someone
>> > on the
>
>list
>
>> > knows.
>>
>> That's normal, the driver process is waiting for input from the
>> amflush process.
>> But why the amflush process send nothing?
>> What is it doing?
>
>It seems to hang at open_dir() in function scan_holdingdir() in
> file holding.c
>I think it might have to do with LVM.

That sounds like you are getting closer to the problem.  My C is
just rusty enough that I'm not totally following the flow there.  I
think I'd see what errno and workdir = with a debugging statement
added right after that line.  But I expect by now you've done that,
so I'd best shut up and listen, carefully. :-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M