Amanda-Users

tapeless backups

2002-12-20 03:06:58
Subject: tapeless backups
From: Francesc Guasch <frankie AT etsetb.upc DOT es>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:36:43 +0100
Hi.
I know there is support for tapeless backups for amanda-2.4.3
I just can't find the doc that talks about it. I must have
missed it, but I greped the doc dir and the man unsuccessfully.

I also searched the mailing list archives and I found something
about file:. The Faq has the questions but has not the answers.

amverify complains about rewinding. I found in the archives
that amdd and ammt must be in the same directory and they are.

I also don't know to do about the holding disk. Should it be
the same as the amanda dir backup ? First I tried the same,
then different ones. Amanda never complained.

I tried compile the srpms for rawhide 1.0 and the tgz sources
with the same results:

Holding disk /home/software/amanda/hold1: 957672 KB disk space available, that's plenty
ERROR: file:/home/software/amanda/backup: rewinding tape: Input/output error
       (expecting a new tape)

Any hints ?
--
frankie