Amanda-Users

a backup/tape size questions

2002-12-16 18:24:05
Subject: a backup/tape size questions
From: "Sykora, Dale" <Dale.Sykora AT hp DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:44:29 -0600
Hello,
        I am new to amanda and want to determine if fits my needs.  Any
pointers are appreciated.  Will backup_size>tape_size work?  Old backup
routine... Weekly full backup on Fri and incremental Mon-Thu.
Full~=20Gb"2tapes" and inc~=1Gb.  Tape drive is dds3/12Gb.  I read that amanda
cannot handle backup>tape.  So my first assumption is full>dds3 will fail.
Elsewhere I read amanda spreads full/partial backups to many tapes.  This makes
me think full+(5*inc)<(5*dds3) which will pass.

Thanks,

Dale