Amanda-Users

odd block size config problems

2002-12-11 07:29:26
Subject: odd block size config problems
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:45:13 +0000
Hi

I've been running amanda for a couple of years in our UK office, even running MacOS X clients (using gtar so the filetype/ownership can get lost but that's easy to fix) so I've got 1/2 a clue about all this.

BUT I'm trying to make amanda work on a Netmax Linux system which is proving fun on the tape side of things.

If I use 2.4.3 I have to specify the blocksize to get the thing to work (20). If I just it run I get short write errors and also problems about multiple block write errors in /var/log/messages. Same for trying to label a tape.

If I use 2.4.2p2 I get no joy at all with the same issues.

How can I force the block size in the amanda.conf (or elsewhere) to use 20 rather than the 32 is looks like it uses by having a very quick look at the code. (yes I have messed with maxtapeblocks in the config line for 2.4.3)??

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.