Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with NT clients

2002-12-05 15:46:11
Subject: Re: Problems with NT clients
From: Jeffery Smith <smith AT skycomputers DOT com>
To: Jesús Moya <jmoya AT nuevomundo DOT es>
Date: 05 Dec 2002 15:02:59 -0500
Hi Jesús,

I don't know if I can answer your questions but I do see some things
that may help you out.

> i've mounted the exported directories of the NT client in my tape server
> using smbmount:
>
> smbmount //JOSAN/nem /mnt/josanNem -U Administrador
>
> Then i add the proper line to the disklist file:
>
> mordor.nuevomundo.es /mnt/josanNem high-tar2

--snip--
> But when i make the backups, the mail that amanda sent to me says this:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:  mordor.nue /mnt/josanNem lev 0 FAILED
> [disk /mnt/josanNem offline on mordor.nuevomundo.es?]

Ok, well I can't really offer any advice on that part.  I think you'd
have to check the logs in /tmp/amanda on mordor.neuvomundo.es for more
clues.  I understand with the above approach you are mounting the drive
and then including it in your backup just like any other *nix disk.

> I've tried another form:
>
> i've utilized the amandapass file:
>
> amandapass file
> //josan/nem pijos

It's not clear to me if "pijos" is the username or the password, but I
am guessing that is the password.  With that assumption in mind, I
believe you need to include the username in your amandapass file.
 (ie. //josan/nem    username%pijos)

> The disklist line:
>
> mordor.nuevomundo.es //josan/nem/ high-tar2
>
> The error:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   mordor.nue //josan/nem/ lev 0 FAILED [missing result for //josan/nem/
> in mordor.nuevomundo.es response]
>
> the amcheck output:
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> ERROR: mordor.nuevomundo.es: [cannot find password for //josan/nem/]
> Client check: 4 hosts checked in 0.388 seconds, 1 problem found
--snip--
> what is happening?

I have been struggling with the smbclient setup today and just happened
to see this.  I hope it helps you!
| Jeffery Smith - Systems Administrator - smith AT skycomputers DOT com |
| Sky Computers, Inc. (www.skycomputers.com)                     |