Amanda-Users

Network / Seurity with ports?

2002-12-03 02:14:24
Subject: Network / Seurity with ports?
From: neil.openshaw AT bigfoot DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 06:16:24 +0000 (GMT)
I'm new to amanda, I think my problem is with security;
Host_A is the backup server and Host_B is the client to be backed up.
I have the following problem;

bash-2.05$ amcheck -c daily

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: Host_B: [host Host_A: port 32782 not secure]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.085 seconds, 1 problem found

Each time I run this the port number increases by one. The client is
running Mandrake8.2, the server Solaris8. I'm guessing the problem is
security, maybe on the client and the random port used talking back to
the server. Both the server and the client use the standard 10080.
Thanks in Advance for any help.

Neil..