Amanda-Users

Re: Newbie and backup scheme... comments pls

2002-12-01 13:26:39
Subject: Re: Newbie and backup scheme... comments pls
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Joffer" <joffer AT online DOT no>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:41:41 -0500
On Sunday 01 December 2002 12:21, Joffer wrote:
>> Humm, thats a DDS2 drive then, more better as they said in "The
>> Coal Miners Daughter".
>
>Hmm.. I got a new tape here, stipp wrapped in plastic. It says
> "90m DDS-1 Data Cartridge" and "2Gbytes (before compression)"

Humm, I must have forgotten the increments on the DDS family.
That doesn't translate to half the capacity per meter of a DDS2,
which is 4gb before compression.  Silly Q, will the drive accept
and use a 120 meter DDS2 tape?  In which case it might be
interesting to run tapetype against it and see how much will
actually fit on one of them.

My bad in any event. . .
[...]
>Norway, Sweden and Denmark all uses "Kroner" as name of our money.

I'll try and remember that, thanks.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M