ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM DB without instance directory

2017-11-23 15:44:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM DB without instance directory
From: Sasa Drnjevic <Sasa.Drnjevic AT SRCE DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 21:41:04 +0100
You need the following to be able to restore:

1) DB backup (full + logs for PIT restore or just DBsnapshot)
2) dsmserv.opt
3) volhistory backup (or at least the last DBBackup entry)
4) devconfig backup

No.2 was probably in your /tsminst1 home, but if you know your
installation you can recreate dsmserv.opt - just use the correct options
and values.

No.3 - in what location did you backup your volhistory? - you can also
recreate this one - you need just the last entry with the right DB
backup...but you must know exactly, when and where it was backed up, and
which devclass...

No.4 - same as no.3 considering location where you backed up devconf.
This one could also be recreated, but depending on your configuration it
could be the most complicated of all three...maybe even impossible :-(

Wish you luck.

Regards,

--
Sasa Drnjevic