ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Scalability problems with expiration?

2017-10-11 08:48:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Scalability problems with expiration?
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 08:46:36 -0400
We hit the problem at 6.3.6 per this document
<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IT17642> which says:

*After upgrading the server to 6.3.6.000 (or higher)  and 7.1.3 (or higher)
expiration might "hang" on a node while expiring backup data only.
 Expiration is not actually hung it is still processing but very slowly due
to a non-optimized*
*SQL/Select.   A change to this SQL/Select occurred between 6.3.5.0 and
6.3.6.0.   This code change was implemented in servers 6.3.6.0+ and 7.1.3.0
to 7.1.7.   There have been no reported problems at 7.1.3 or above.*

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT gmail DOT
com>

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator