ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] No space available in storage pool failure but there is plenty of space

2017-07-18 11:16:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] No space available in storage pool failure but there is plenty of space
From: "Loon, Eric van (ITOPT3) - KLM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:11:32 +0000
Hi Zoltan!
Try this one: issue a "show sspool" command. If the sum of NumScratchVols and
NumRsvdScratch equals your total amount of scratch tapes, you're probably hit
by this APAR: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC77685
I have bine there, either raise your maxscratch value or bounce the server to
reset the NumRsvdScratch value. Although the APAR is old and states it's fixed
in 6.2, I still get hit by it on my 6.3 servers. I raised the maxscratch to
100,000 to get rid of it. These reserved scratches are (in my case) mainly
caused by failed storage agent scratch mounts.
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
Air France/KLM Storage Engineering