ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.7.1

2017-02-14 10:13:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.7.1
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:04:29 +0100
> Now that the first major patch/update is out, time to play with 7.1.7 and
> wait for first patches for 8.1.

I wonder how many people look at the releases like that.
I always try to stick with a.b.c.0 releases unless the interim release (ie
a.b.c.100) fixes a *specific *issue we are seeing.
The patch versions are interim fixes and IBM states (in the readme even)
that they put these releases thru very limited testing.
So we keep running 7.1.7.0 unless 7.1.7.100 fixes a specific issue we see
at a specific site or we wait for 7.1.8 to be released that has been more
extensively tested and contains all the 7.1.7.100 fixes (and more).
We would never run the a.b.0.0 release for production and always wait for
the a.b.1.0 release, so 8.1.1.0 would be the first 8 version we would be
running.

This only applies to the server, with the client we tend to be a little
more aggressive since features here have a bigger impact on what the
customer can or cannot use client wise.