ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Linux client and IT13701 causing heartburn

2017-01-26 15:42:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Linux client and IT13701 causing heartburn
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:41:12 -0500
Heinz

Have you heard anything back from IBM on your PMR?     I just had another
user call with the same problem, except that they ran traces to figure out
where it was failing and the directory it stops on does not have but a few
sub/nested directories.  Fortunately, the TESTFLAGS workaround seems to
have worked for them.

If you Google the error message, someone with a Windows 2016 server is also
experiencing the "1400" problem.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Heinz Flemming <heinz.flemming AT kit DOT edu>
wrote:

> According to Zoltan Forray
> > Thanks you for confirming this and opening the PMR.
> >
> > I have passed the "workaround" to the user who first discovered the
> "issue"
> > to see if it fixes his problem.  I hope a patch comes out soon that
> allows
> > us to choose this upper-limit.
> >
> > Can you post the PMR number so we can follow it?
>
> PMR 63214,073,724
>
> IBM will open an APAR.
>

> Greetings, Heinz

> Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie (KIT)
> Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
>
> Heinz Flemming
> Scientific Data Management (SDM)
>
> 76131 Karlsruhe
> E-Mail: heinz.flemming AT kit DOT edu
> www.scc.kit.edu

*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
Xymon Monitor Administrator
VMware Administrator (in training)
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services