ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deduplication and database backups

2016-04-02 03:49:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deduplication and database backups
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 08:54:06 +0200
If I understand correctly the large object size will place it in the
highest dedup tier and that will make Spectrum Protect create less chunks
of a larger size than if the object would be smaller. But even then I would
still expect to see some dedup results, even if it would be just a few
percent. Especially if you create a second full backup.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Arni Snorri Eggertsson <arnie AT gormur DOT
com>