ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deduplication and database backups

2016-04-01 17:02:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deduplication and database backups
From: Arni Snorri Eggertsson <arnie AT GORMUR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 23:00:53 +0200
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, My feeling is that it must be that the HANA api
does not split the objects into smaller chunks,  I am actually seeing the
same issue when doing Sybase ACE backups,  again large objects, but still
under 50GB

I see good deduplication on MSSQL and Domino backups, in directory
container pools,

Eric, HANA is SAP's own in-memory database,  no oracle.

I have client compression turned off,  and even if database compression
would be turned on I would expect som deduplication, 0 is a pretty
definitive no dedup.

*Arni Snorri Eggertsson*
arnie AT gormur DOT com