ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Select from Occupancy table is blank for Directory pool

2015-12-23 14:56:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] Select from Occupancy table is blank for Directory pool
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT IU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 19:50:17 +0000
We are running TSM/EE 7.1.4 on RHEL6, and are actively migrating backups on
other primary pools to directory container pools, which are named ‘DEDUP'.

I need to count MB in the DEDUP pools by node for all pertinent nodes.

When I run ‘q occupancy <nodename>’ from an Admin command line, the logical_mb
in the DEDUP pool for that node is displayed, like this:

tsm: TSMBL01>q occ esappj10

Node Name   Type  Filespace   FSID  Storage       Number of     Physical
Logical

                  Name              Pool Name         Files        Space
Space

                                                                Occupied
Occupied

                                                                    (MB)
 (MB)

----------  ----  ----------  ----  ----------  -----------  -----------
-----------

ESAPPJ10    Bkup  /              3  DEDUP            19,011            -
799.10

ESAPPJ10    Bkup  /boot          2  DEDUP                64            -
244.57

ESAPPJ10    Bkup  /home          4  DEDUP            10,462            -
415.37

ESAPPJ10    Bkup  /opt           5  DEDUP            27,215            -
7,545.83

ESAPPJ10    Bkup  /usr           6  DEDUP            86,980            -
5,377.92

ESAPPJ10    Bkup  /var           1  DEDUP            10,042            -
4,102.47

But, when I run a select statement on the Occupancy table for the same node,
the output is blank, like this:

tsm: TSMBL01>select logical_mb from occupancy where node_name='ESAPPJ10'

       LOGICAL_MB

Surely there is a way to do this. Can someone tell me how to get that data from
the Occupancy table, or another table, if I am looking in the wrong place?

Thank you,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University