ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to dedicate a network port for backup

2015-08-25 11:34:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to dedicate a network port for backup
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:32:22 +0000
-----Original Message-----
In one of our setup, customer has given a dedicated network port for backup. We
have to enable this IP and  port from TSM server side and client side for
backup.

Basis details are

Server physical host name is : eccdb
Service ip address for SAP application: 192.168.1.100

/etc/hosts having the first entry against Service IP address, ie
 192.168.1.100      eccdb
172.16.10.100       eccbkp

They have dedicated the ip address 172.16.10.100 for backup.
Here they are also running the LAN Free backup. and i have updated the HL
address in and in storage agent config. but when we start the storage agent
service, it is picking the the 192.168.1.100. I have checked it from the dsmsta
process. dsmstat process is listing on port 1500 against ip address
192.168.1.100.

I have also updated the HL address in TSM server for storage agent server.
My backup is running perfectly but running of service ip address. Where as it
should run on 172.16.10.100 ip address as i have mentioned in the config file
dsmsta.opt.

Any one has any idea on this.
-----End Original Message-----

I think you will need to execute a 'route add' command on eccdb to specify the
eccbkp interface as the preferred interface for packets destined for the subnet
on which the TSM server is located.

As far as I know, the effects of a 'route add' command do not persist across
reboots in Linux or Unix environments. You will probably need to arrange to
have the 'route add' command run as part of the system initialization process.
Different implementations/distributions offer different options for doing this,
and different sites may have differing conventions on this point.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University
The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or
urgent health care matters.