ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Configuring TDP for SQL Server 2012 in Win Server 2012 R2 systems in a failover cluster

2015-08-28 10:06:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Configuring TDP for SQL Server 2012 in Win Server 2012 R2 systems in a failover cluster
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:04:19 +0000
Folks:
  We’ve been asked on short notice to start backing up a high visibility SQL
Server 2012 database that is residing on a pair of Window Server 2012 R2
systems configured as a Failover Cluster.    W

  Oh, and the DBA left.

  Our first attempts have not been promising;
*  installing and configuring the TDP for SQL on one server, it came up looking
for Flash Copy Manager
* when attempting to use the TDP for SQL on the second server, we discovered
the VSS Writer for SQL Server was missing
* adding the recommended options for backing up in a Failover Cluster
environment (e.g.Data Protection for SQL Server in a Windows failover cluster
environment<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTFZR_7.1.2/com.ibm.itsm.db.sql.doc/c_dpfcm_plan_sqlwsfc_sql.html?lang=en-us>)
 resulted in the base TSM client skipping the backups of all the drives in the
system

  So, we would like to talk off-list with someone with experience in
configuring such.

Thanks in advance!

Bob
Robert Talda
EZ-Backup Service Manager
Cornell University
rpt4 AT cornell DOT edu<mailto:rpt4 AT cornell DOT edu>
607-255-8280